Saturday, January 4, 2014

Its Complicated

Tracing the family tree can get complicated. often this is caused by the lack of consistency in names. In my case an example is my mother's Bowen family. In the early 1800s they were apparently often recorded as Boren. Hard to say which name is the REAL family name. maybe one day I will know. I have for sometime been trying to find some information to confirm my belief that my gggrandfather Daniel Boren/Bowen was married to a Clementine Bradley. Tonight I found that Clementine Bradley had a brother named Moses who had children by a first wife Jenny Bowen, but when she died, he apparently sent them to live with the widow of his sister Clementine's father in law! But having the kids recorded being with her on the 1850 census, seems to close the loop for me and confirms the connections I had made. So, after several hours work tonight, I feel something was gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment