Friday, September 10, 2010

Local Yocals

Some of the best resources are at the local level. Most counties have local Heritage Centers. Many also have Historical or Genealogy Societies. These can be great resources for information on local families of yesteryear.

In researching my wife's family, I found a lot of good information in the files available online from the Johnston County Heritage Center. I have placed a link to them in my Links List here.

Many of these resource centers have a physical location also, in which additional books and documents are available. I hope to visit the Johnston County Heritage Center soon.

One day, I'd like to take some days and drive up to Fayetteville, Tennessee and do some research there, and perhaps look up some of my kinfolk while I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment